Local Authority & Education Projects
G I Sykes Ltd has a long history of working for local authorities across their many divisions. We continue to provide a complete range of services to many local authorities both directly and indirectly through our extensive partnerships.
Below is a selection of case studies from projects we have completed
Staffordshire University Student Accommodation
G I Sykes Ltd provided full internal painting and decorating to 31 terraced student properties.
Sandwell Council Affordable Housing
G I Sykes Ltd working in partnership with Lovelles and Sandwell Council are contracted to carry out internal and external decorations on Sandwell Council’s affordable housing apartment blocks.
- Refitting a number of residents' kitchens and bathrooms
- Conversion of a number of smaller apartments into single apartments
- Building a number of new apartments
- Painting and re-colouration of all exterior walls
- Painting and re-spraying of aluminium window frames and wooden window frames
- Cleaning of all external plastics or metal trims
- Painting of metal trims, fascias and steel roofing
- Painting of hand rails, railings and concrete line markings
- Internal painting and decoration of all communal areas including stairwells and hallways
- Painting of internal communal hand rails, doors, ceilings and skirting
- Internal decoration of a number of resident’s apartments
Assembly Rooms, Tamworth town centre
Tamworth Borough Council
G I Sykes Ltd was contracted to carry out the external redecoration and repair of the assembly rooms.
The access around the building was particularly challenging due to high volume of pedestrian traffic. We had to design a specialist scaffolding system to enable us adhere to health and safety requirements to protect members of the public whilst enabling us to continue with our decoration programme.
- Repair and replacement of joinery to the front elevation of the building
- Repair of damaged window frame using “Window Care Resin Repair System”
- Repair to damaged render
- Full external paint and redecoration of the building
Redwood House, Solihull Community Housing
Solihull Community Housing
G I Sykes Ltd was contracted to carry out the external redecoration of Redwood House, which is an elderly residents' warden controlled scheme.
The client, Solihull Community Housing, was very keen to make the block stand out as it is in a very prominent position. G I Sykes Ltd and SCH worked very closely together to develop the most unusual chevron colour scheme which has mead a great impact.
- Clean and preparation or all wood work and metal work to be painted
- External specialist paint design to the entire building
- Painting of aluminium windows
- Painting of balcony railings
- Painting of all trims
- Painting of external railings and hand rails at ground level
G I Sykes Ltd has completed a number of projects for Wolverhampton University and continues to retain the education centre an active member of its client list.
- External painting and redecoration to walls, windows, roofs, canopies, railings and doorways to education buildings and student accommodations
- Internal painting to a number of university buildings including education centres and student accommodations
Warwick University Student Accommodation
G I Sykes was contracted to provide internal and external painting and decoration to 5 blocks of university accommodation. Each block contained 80 units.
- Painting of external render
- Painting of hand rails and floor markings
- Internal painting of the communal areas including kitchens, day rooms, hall ways and stairwell
- Internal painting and decoration of individual units
Much Wenlock Libary
Shropshire County Council
- Internal and external redecoration